Obstetrics & Gynecology
At Clinch Valley Physician Associates Obstetrics and Gynecology, we are committed to providing confidential and compassionate care in a comfortable setting. Our goal is to provide you with the most comprehensive and advanced obstetric and gynecological care available. Our physicians and staff offer care to women for all phases of their life - from adolescence to adulthood, through pregnancy and delivery, and through peri- and post-menopause.
For more information or to schedule a tour call 276.596.6330
Pregnancy and delivery
Health maintenance during pregnancy
Well-women gynecological exams
Breast and cervical cancer screenings
Pelvic organ prolapsed
Urinary tract disorders
Laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery
Adolescent gynecological care
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Ultrasound (including 3D and 4D)
Abnormal Pap Smears
Long-term reversible contraception (IUD's, Implants, etc..)
Dr. Dowell Mullins, MD
Dr. Thimmoji Nagaraja, MD, FACOG
Dr. Timothy A. Presnell, MD, FACOG
Barbette Patton, C-WHNP
What Check Ups & Tests Do I Need?
- Blood pressure measurements every 1 to 2 years
- Breast self exams monthly and an annual physician screening
- Annual mammography after age 40
- Cholesterol levels every 5 years after age 18
- All women who are or have been sexually active, or have reached age 21, should have an annual PAP smear.
- Blood sugar levels varies, depending on family history, personal risk factors for diabetes
- Skin exams annual mole checks; self-inspection for suspicious growths
- HIV test or other sexually transmitted diseases--consult your physician
You will be notified of most normal test results (such as Pap smears and mammograms) by mail. We will call you as soon as possible when results are abnormal. Please contact us if you do not receive notification within one month after your appointment.
Insurance and Billing
We participate in most all insurance plans. We accept Medicare assignment. We will gladly file your insurance for you; however, we do request your portion (co-payment, deductible, or co-insurance) be paid at the time services are rendered. These payments may be made in cash, check or credit card.
When you call for an appointment, please give the receptionist complete information about the kind of appointment you are requesting; for example, a new patient consultation, a routine follow-up or screening, or pre-natal check-up. If you are a new patient, please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow us time to gather your insurance information and other health and personal information. Every effort will be made to provide the earliest available appointment for your convenience. Due to the unscheduled nature of emergencies, occasional delays do occur. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Services A-Z
- Allergy and Immunology
- Cancer Treatment Center
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Direct Access Laboratory Testing
- Emergency Room
- General Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Otolaryngology & Audiology
- Primary Care
- Radiation Therapy
- Rehabilitative Services
- Surgical Services
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound Care
- Women's Services